Our Sustainability Promise
We're doing our bit to reduce our carbon footprint and become more environmentally friendly!
We love the outdoors and we're keen to protect it to ensure it remains a playground for future generations. What's more, we are desperate to ensure we minimise any actions within the business that could damage the environment.
We are therefore committing to a new environmental promise to take every possible step to reduce our carbon footprint and become more sustainable.
We have already invested in green energy by installing solar panels, but here's what else we're promising…
In the bar:
- No more plastic straws
- Only serve takeaway coffees in biodegradable cups
- Compost our waste coffee grounds
- Serve local and handmade cakes
In the kitchen:
- Serve more fish that is sustainable and ethically-caught
- Donate our polystyrene boxes to local fishermen so they can re-use them for their next catch
- Work with companies that will take our waste cooking oil and turn it into car fuel
- Be conscious to turn off cookers and electric devices when not in use
Throughout the business:
- Use more local suppliers to cut our carbon footprint
- Re-use old menus as order pads
- Recycle all glass bottles
- Recycle all cardboard
Want to know more or get involved?
Check out these great local groups and national/international campaigns that are striving for a more environmentally friendly world: